I am in downtown

Today is Saturday. another weekend. Another week will be starting. The weather stared changing. It is around the mid of September, getting colder a bit.
The mornings are warmer. the evenings are not the same. To sit in gardens to enjoy your time is now running out. Just a couple of weeks to go to be outdoors.
The birds will pack things to fly to the South of the Borders. The same will be with the Butterflies. They will all be leaving Canada before it will start snowing.
My grandson. the youngest one has to go to his downtown Uni campus for some all day event. My son is driving him to drop him there. Parking in downtown is not easy to find.
He has to be there before 10 in the morning for his project. I woke up quickly made my oatmeal porridge and dressed up to go with them.
Toronto downtown has been changed so much with so many high rise towers. It started giving the look of the city of Chicago. somewhat.
Thinking about Chicago, I start thinking about my late sister. She was the youngest among all of our siblings. She lived all of her life over there. She worked at the Cook County Hospital for years. Big freehold three story house and three beautiful kids.
She spent her last of her couple of years in the retirement home. It was the COVID - 19 period. I think it was too much to handle for her with her Parkinson. Not easy to cope.
The COVID-19 time was tough for seniors. Especially at retirement homes it was disastrous.
Thinking about Chicago I can not be away from the memorable moments I spent with my beloved sister. May God Bless her soul. Amen.
I am passing through the downtown area. It is about thirty five to forty minutes drive from my place in Pickering.
It's early morning still I see lots of traffic on the roads. Something is going on at the left side of the Bay street. It is a Mexican event. Lots of preparations are going on.
Near the CN Tower area are flags of so many countries are making the atmosphere colorful. I think some event has to start here relating to FIFA.
It is 11.15. we are back after dropping him at his campus. I opted to get down at the Coffee house to have my coffee and my time. My son is going home to do other things.
We have to find things to get busy. Sitting home doing nothing. Just staring at our screen will never be a good option.
Comments
Post a Comment